Blocked sewers and drainage systems are quite susceptible to reflux. The risk of a gurgling effect and bubble back into your toilet or other parts of your home are quite high. This is precisely why you require a unique plumbing solution that decisively deals with this problem to avoid a potential disaster.
What does a Hydro Jetter do?
A hydro jetter uses water at very high pressures to unclog and get rid of heavy dirt and debris that may be trapped in your sewer piping system. Although a bit pricier than your average snaking, Hydro jetting is the quickest and most effective way to clear out anything from tree roots to an influx of grease build-up in your sewer.
How it works
This drain machine clears dirt, grease, tree roots, and other debris from the sides of your pipes. It employs a high-pressure flushing system that pushes all the dirt downstream; this results in a clear pathway for your waste.
It uses clean water, zero toxic chemicals, it’s safe and environmentally friendly, and it can push even the most stubborn of debris.
It also clears out dirt that may have accumulated over time and caused smelly drain pipes to be a problem in your home.
While snaking only breaks-up the blockage in bits and pieces, the jet blaster clears the waste and cleans the pipes in a thorough, holistic manner.
• The specialized nozzles, the jetting hose and the 4000psi+ water pressure all blend together to prevent the water and waste from doubling back.
• The size of the hose varies, depending on the size of the clogged drain and how much pressure is required to fix it.
• Hose diameters vary; they can be anything from a quarter of an inch to 1-2 inches.
• A proper hydro jetter always achieves the best results because the water pressure is so immense that the pipes are left clean and free of any obstructions.
• The only crucial thing, like aforementioned, ensure that you get a professional plumber to first conduct an inspection of your pipes to avoid making a bad situation worse.
Advantages of the hydro jetter;
• The hydro jet clears out just about anything. It is essentially like you are cleaning out your entire piping system.
• It clears out your clogged drain, it gets rid of blockages, it blasts away hard dirt that has been stuck in your pipes for a long time, and it pushes out the grease that may be stuck on the pipe walls. This prevents future blockages.
• It can be used on just about any piping system. If you have a problem with grease traps and blocked sewers on interior pipes, design drain pipes, or even French drain pipes, the hydro jet blaster can help clean and clear any type of blockage.
• Is specifically designed for heavily used drain pipes. This is mostly for commercial buildings that require constant attention in terms of draining requirements. It’s fast and effective, and it gets the work done.
Downside of using a Hydro Jetter
• This is not the average run-of-the-mill equipment that you can entrust to just any plumber. The amount of prepping and expertise required is one that needs a certified Plumbing service that knows what they’re doing. The water pressure alone is enough to burn a hole through your skin.
• It is also a bit more expensive compared to other types of plumbing solutions. But, considering the value you get here, perhaps it may be worth the extra quid.
• Using the Hydro jet blaster also largely depends on the pipe location as well as the condition of your pipework. If your pipes are worn out or weak, the pressure may cause a pipe burst. This is why we greatly recommend that you do a thorough evaluation of your pipe network before using this equipment to clear your blocked sewer.
Are you looking for professional hydro jetter company? A company with a proven track record for unblocking and unclogging pipes and drains? Talk to us today, we have all the modern tools and equipment to blast away that stubborn grease or tree roots that are clogging your drain. You can never go wrong with McMurray Plumbing.
We always advise our clients that even when their drains appear to be working well, it’s advisable to have them blasted with a hydro jetter at least once or twice a year. Grease and grime take time to form and blasting the drains helps nip this buildup at the bud.